Monday, July 30, 2012

Bed-Sty Victorian

My sister-in-law sent me a link to an awesome 1895 Brownstone in Brooklyn.  The woodwork inside is awesome!  I love our house, and more importantly our location, but these are some great inspiration photos.  I love the idea of using piano legs for a kitchen island.  If and when we can afford to remodel our kitchen, I definitely want to have an island that looks more like a furniture piece, but is still electrified!
I particularly like this quote, “The overblown woodwork in a Victorian house creates a frame which cries out for a picture, which is wallpaper, {...}To ignore those cries is to live in disharmony with the space.”

I think this is just the motivation I need to order some wallpaper samples to get working on our exterior paint scheme!

No comments:

Post a Comment