My mom went with me on a hunt for fabric and I was able to find a near perfect shade of plum colored sateen fabric, which was marked down 60% off with just enough left on the bolt for us to add a hem to the bottom and make a crib skirt. In order to soften the transition between the two fabrics I wanted a flat trim. I found a nice warm grey colored ribbon with plum colored gimp. My mom was going to sew the crib skirt and I was going to sew the curtains. I finally let out all the seams and was waiting for her to cut out the fabric when she offered to do the sewing for me. I gratefully took her up on that offer.
She brought the first one back today and I think it turned out perfectly!
I bought the same RH curtain rods I used in the formal rooms in our old house, the classic collection in bronze finish, except this time I chose the ball finials which are more Colonial Revival, but I wanted something very simple for the bedrooms rather than high Victoriana.
Things are just about finished in the nursery, and just in time since baby will be here next week!