All the beers came from Belmont Station and the cheeses mostly from Zupan's.
- Havarti Dill (Demark) paired with Czech Rebel Pilsner (Check Republic)
- Hook's Sharp Cheddar (Wisconsin) paired with Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale (Yorkshire, England)
- Parmigiano Reggiano paired with Chainbreaker White IPA (Deschutes, Oregon) This one I actually heard about when I was driving up to Seattle a couple weekends ago. I was in Mr. W's pickup which only has a cassette player. There are limited radio stations between here and there so I ended up listening to a local beer themed radio program. They mentioned that this was to be a limited release, seasonal brew so I wanted to incorporate it into our tasting. Mr. W had already purchased a six pack of it before I even brought it up. The man knows beer.
- Emmentaler paired with Spaten Oktoberfest (Munich, Germany)
- Bleu Cheese (Idaho) paired with Chimay Grande Reserve (Chimay, Belgium)
Kids in the dig pit.
It got chilly early so we retired to the kitchen and later the Drawing Room while the older boys got to watch a movie. We are really enjoying entertaining in our new house!