Thursday, February 23, 2012

I never saw this coming...

I thought this would be our forever house so I hung a lot of wallpaper. We don't have off street parking. We never got around to putting new flooring in the kitchen and 1st floor bathroom. The exterior needs to be painted. These were all the things I felt would be potential problems when we put our house on the market after falling in love with the Mt. Tabor house.

Never in a million years did I think the biggest obstacle would be the ceiling height upstairs! Mr. W is 6' and he bought this house when he was a bachelor. He has never hit his head on a doorway. The ceiling is 6'6" and the doorways are only 5' 11 1/2". Apparently everyone who is coming to see our house is hitting their heads upstairs. This seems unbelievable to me, none of our friends or family who have stayed here are running into doorways? I guess I just don't understand tall people problems. Sigh!

From the feedback we are getting, people really, really love the house and the only thing holding them back from making an offer is the doorways.

I'm so discouraged! I feel like we'll never sell it now. We already lowered the price (that's when people stopped complaining about the lack of driveway.) I just never saw this problem coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment