Tuesday, January 3, 2012

VooDoo donuts

I love having Ms H-G in Portland because she loves to eat and I'm able to take gastronomical tours of my city. During this visit she wanted to take Mr. H-G to the Grilled Cheese Grill because he'd missed it on her last visit and he'd also missed having Spanish coffees at Huber's after my father's funeral. We were able to check both those off his list this time. A new stop for both of them was VooDoo Doughnuts.
Full disclaimer: I find VooDoo donuts highly overrated. I've only once waited in that long ass line in Old Town. Sure, once upon a time there was the novelty of donuts with OTC drugs sprinkled on top, but once the FDA put a stop to that I just don't see what the allure is. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad donuts, but they are just donuts. Nothing to cross the river over!
Fortunately there is an East side location now, a pink painted, former Arctic Circle with a parking lot. Much more practical for acquiring donuts with children. So I took the H-Gs to the slightly less novel VooDoo East for breakfast on their last day. They are so funny, they spent so much time agonizing over what would be the perfect donuts to select.
I'm a creature of habit so I ordered a maple bar. I also tried out the blueberry cake donut. Yummy!I got My Little Helper a mini M&M covered one fore breakfast because I'm a good mom.
Ms H approves of Voo Doo.I didn't realize it until just now, but Mr. G looks just like the guy in that picture behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment