Monday, October 3, 2011

Steady sewing progress

I have finished sewing the jacket for the John costume. I am missing the orange fringe for the hem and the sleeves. I have been all over town trying to find it with no luck. I'm going to be a really sad duck if I can't find it! I can't start the epaulets either until I find fringe.
But, I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out. The double fold bias tape makes a nice finished edge. It was a bit challenging getting it around all the inside and outside corners along the collar, but after some trial and error with folding I figured it out.
Now I need to work on the hand sewing of the buttons. So many buttons! There are 8 for Johns costume and probably only slightly less than that for Ringo's.
Speaking of Ringo, I finally cut out the pattern. I think cutting out the pattern is my least favorite part of sewing. It is so tedious, and you don't have a lot to show for it when you are done. Machine stitching is so much more rewarding because your progress is much faster. But, cutting it out is the first step and now I can move on to the fun parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment