Friday, March 6, 2020

Lent in the garden

I have been quite remiss about pruning and dead heading this winter. In spite of all that though the garden is looking quite cheery right now. The Lenten roses are coming up as are the crocus. Since my favorite color is purple, and it is also the color associated with Lent, I have quite a lot of purple varieties. They are a tricky cut flower; they tend to drop quickly.

One of the white varieties in the Marian Garden. (Evidence of me not deadheading the hydrangea or cutting back the fuchsia.)


I had planted a bunch of white crocus in the Marian Garden, but they didn’t have a good showing yet.  Or maybe there just isn’t enough sunlight in that part of the yard this early in the year. This little cluster in the front perennial bed was very happy this year. The yellow crocus are for St. Valentine, but they hadn’t bloomed yet on his day. 


And because it is Lent I had the opportunity to try one of the seafood recipes I have collected for the season. This is a crab fettuccini. 

No comments:

Post a Comment