Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Goodbye, Mr. dePaola

I am absolutely heartbroken by the news that Tomie dePaola has passed away. He was among my favorite illustrators during my childhood and once I became a mother myself I began stacking my home library with his books or ones he had illustrated. Just yesterday morning I started our school day by reading The Holy Twins which he illustrated because we have dedicated our homeschool to St. Benedict.

I put in a big order at Powell's for hardcover copies of his books including the new one Quiet. I also saw a link shared about an interview with him. What a wonderful person he was! I will definitely need to visit these two churches in New England where he has paintings.

Rest In Peace, sir; we will surely be having a tea party in your honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment