Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Small victories

This is my first year homeschooling two of my children. Things are going well with my 3rd grade son who has special needs. Things are not going well with my 6th grade son who is mourning the loss of being at traditional school, refuses to participate, and is basically unschooling himself. Recently he has been trying out new recipes. Yesterday he used his dad’s fancy French cookbook to make pancakes. Today he used the same cookbook to make these blueberry scones. The recipe is ridiculous, he had to shred a stick of butter with the box grater. I would never have done that if a recipe called for that. But he did it all on his own; I only helped a bit when he was kneading it all together.

So while he won’t do much in the way of school work, I’m considering this a victory. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment