Tuesday, November 5, 2019

All Saints and All Souls Days

I posted about what they boys did as part of our new homeschool group for All Saints' Day, but we also decorated at home and had a nice dinner together. I have accumulated these saint statues since my childhood. Several were gifts I received for sacraments like First Communion. The Sacred Heart of Jesus I rescued from an acquaintance who was going to donate him. St. Patrick I found at a gift shop at the church we attended for Palm Sunday in Maui. The St. Anne I recently picked up at an antique store. I have been spending a lot of time lurking on Sancta Nomina and she has St. Anne as her blog's patroness so I was inspired to rescue the statuette and add it to my collection. I regret that I did not plant marigolds this year so I snipped a few chrysanthemums




Those two prayer cards in the back the boys won as prizes the day before from Stump The Priest.

At dinner T-Bone read aloud to us. We had The All Saints' Day Party by Jerry Windley-Daoust and Jackie's Special Hallowe'en by Brenda Castro. Little Miss has been enjoying reading this herself with her 1st grade reading skills. I'm Bernadette by Emily Ortega is also a good All Saints themed book, but we didn't have anyone at that reading level this year who hasn't already read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment