Tuesday, June 18, 2013

36 weeks

My dr is on vacation this week so instead I saw a midwife in his practice. She asked me if I felt the baby moving and I replied that I feel it moving all the time, but I've never been able to distinguish which body parts were which. As she was feeling around for the baby she commented on how much amniotic fluid was in there, which is what I had heard from last week's appointment.  She then told me the baby was breech and did something no doctor has ever done before, which is shocking to me since I"m 36 1/2 weeks with my third child. She put my hands on me and showed me how to feel the baby's head. She described how you can tell the difference between head jerks and bottom wiggling. I hate my dr so much, why can't he ever share info like this with me. She even said that in his notes from last week that he thought the baby was breech, but couldn't tell for sure. He NEVER mentioned that to me! That would have made a lot more sense to me when he was pushing for my c/s being scheduled at 39 weeks and not 40.

The baby's head was on my left side, so it is actually sideways right now.  But with 3 and a half weeks to go before my c/s and all this fluid in there odds are baby will continue to move several more times before it is go time.  She said it is like baby is swimming around in a swimming pool there is so much amniotic fluid.Since I know I'm going to have another repeat c/s I'm not too worried about what baby's position is.

She swabbed for group B strep and skipped the cervical check. It was a nice and short appointment, especially since my mom was babysitting the boys for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment