Sunday, November 4, 2012

All Saints and All Souls Days

Our Little Helper went to his first school Mass on All Saint's Day. It sounds like the PreKers did really well, they got to sit with their Buddies, students from and upper grade, and the 3rd graders get to dress as their favorite saint as part of the Mass.  I wish I had been able to attend this year, nap times make so many things a challenge!
After school we headed straight to Ms. Mc's Hallowe'en tea party. But before bed we read about some of our favorite saints from Catholic Book of Saints as well as Room on The Broom as he's still in the spirit of Hallowe'en.
 After school on All Soul's Day we made our pilgrimage to the cemeteries to remember our faithful departed. This year there was no tipping of head stones and both boys were very helpful.

Baby Boy was much more interested in playing with the hose bib

At the second cemetery he was more interested in helping his big brother fill the container with water and flowers.


 Look at how sweet they are posing for me! I rarely get a good shot of both looking at me AND smiling.
Right after this I said a prayer for my grandmother and started crying, which took me by surprise. It has been eleven years, and I still miss her so much. Fortunately the boys had already begun to wander off to stomp in mud pits so MLH wasn't worried about why I was sad.
 Once we returned home I made the pumpkin soup that I wanted to make on Hallowe'en. This recipe is so good! We also had some smoke gouda and bread. Mr. W had wine.
 Enjoying his bread and soup.
 This one isn't interested in soup yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment