Monday, January 11, 2010

Doughnuts

We are only in the third week of deep fryer season, but already I am worried that I may have had my fill. Last week we had tacos and formed the corn tortillas into shells in the deep fryer. I went a little crazy in the freezer aisle and came home with boxes of jalapenos poppers, cheese sticks, taquitos, and tater tots. As soon as Friday night rolled around for game night with the Fs we made a meal of the deep fryer-ables. You would think this would be enough for any family. But no, Mr. W had a hankering to make doughnuts from scratch. So he endured the tedium of cleaning and changing the oil in order to make fresh doughnuts upon my return from Mass on Sunday. Krispy Kreme has nothing on Mr. W!They were very good, but today I had very little appetite to eat anything. I think I may really need the detox that is Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment