Friday, November 6, 2009

All Souls Day

First, I wasn't able to fit in enough photos in my last post to show off the enchiladas and empanadas I made for Dia de los Muertos. We'd never bought cojita cheese before. It was good!
I was a few days late, but I did make it to two out of the four cemeteries to visit relatives. This is the cemetery where I have reserved a plot for myself and Mr. W. Now that my wedding is over and I only have a son all I can look forward to planning is a rehearsal dinner and my funeral. Knowing how hard it is to throw together a funeral in less than a week, I figure it is a good and kind idea for me to plan mine out in advance to spare my family.
Great grandpa, I was pretty young when he died so I remember very little of him.
Great Grandma. She was great for playing cards & dominos and telling stories. She also always had a cookie jar well stocked with chocolate covered graham crackers.
Aunt Naomi & her son Micky.
Grandma and her husband. I take after her not only in looks, but also in personality. She is the one who started me tea. she took hers neat too. I miss her alot.

Yesterday I got a wild hair up my butt to convert the crib into a toddler bed. It wasn't hard to do. As a result of this, there was no napping yesterday (and none today from what I can gather from the sound of the popper wheeling around the room while I type.) But bedtime was a piece of cake. He stayed in bed all night until he woke up in the morning. I have the crib rail handy so if this experiment fails we can switch back. But he sleeps on a mattress on the floor at his grammy's house so I figured he might stay in bed at home. Also since the terrible twos are rearing their bossy, willful head right now this will give him some aspect of his life over which he has control. And maybe having some control will allow him to lighten up in other areas. Like getting dressed without running around the upstairs like a crazy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment