Sunday, August 25, 2019

Bowling birthday

My oldest is turning twelve! My self imposed rule is that kid parties should be at home until they turn 10. We did it up big with his 10th birthday at the local amusement park and I did a In The Goode Olde Summertime theme with ice cream sundaes. Last year I took a step back and let Mr. W plan it with him; I assumed it would be paintball or arcade games or something. Instead my little sweet heart picked a bunny theme and wanted to have it at home and play with his bunnies as an activity. So cute! The two of them did all the treats and games themselves, I just made the cake.

This year was almost as easy for me; he picked a bowling alley so all I had to do was reserve the lanes and send out an evite. Crazy! Turns out I ought to have reserved a couple months in advance though because all the cosmic bowling times were booked up already. This party was so easy for me that I didn't do anything for it day of; I took my Daisy troop on a picnic in a park and showed up at the party at the same time as the guests! Mr. W and T-Bone went to St. Cupcake and picked out cupcakes and I rooted through my drawer of used/saved birthday candles. Everything else was included, even a bowling pin that everyone could sign as a souvenir.


No comments:

Post a Comment