Monday, September 2, 2019

Back to School Dinner Party 2019

This year the first day of school falls right between T-Bone's birthday and our wedding anniversary which complicated the scheduling of our traditional Back To School dinner party. For many years now our oldest has requested to go out for fondue for his Mommy & Daddy birthday date and since this was a big milestone anniversary for us we were definitely going out to eat then. Therefore this dinner party menu is not very elaborate.

I decorated with Pee Chee folders finally, something I totally remember from childhood (thank you handy multiplication table on the inside flap) but Mr. W had never seen. I also used flash cards, something I anticipate using a lot of as a homeschooling tool.

This year we have 6th, 3rd, and 1st graders. Plus me, starting a new career as a teacher. Exciting!


Our simple supper was plain or chicken quesadillas, black beans, and Mexican rice. I used the top search result recipe for the rice, something I could make in the rice cooker. It called for a lot of tomato paste. I was imagining I would find a recipe with tomato juice or perhaps stewed tomatoes, but that wasn't in the top search result. It was too much paste for my preference although the seasoning was good. I need to keep searching for a good Mexican rice in the rice cooker recipe.
For dessert I made a mixed berry pie as requested by T-Bone for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment