Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Teddy Bear Picnic

One of the children asked if we could have another Teddy Bear Picnic and I was happy to oblige with that. They are getting to the point where they won't be interested in this sort of thing much longer so I definitely want to indulge any stuffed animal requests. Naturally it took me a few days to actually do it after I bought teddy grahams at the store, but they kept reminding me. :) We kept it pretty simple with bear shaped honey toast and teddy grahams. I ought to have added some fresh fruit since bears like berries.
We set up our picnic in front of our Marian Garden which is filling out so nicely, but needs to be weeded desperately.

I gathered up as many bear themed books as I could to read aloud. We had Corduroy by Don Freeman, Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson, The Three Bears illustrated by Frances Brundage, Bears by Ruth Krauss and Maurice Sendak, The Bear Who Shared by Catherine Rayner, and a bit from Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne.



No comments:

Post a Comment