After doing a lot of searching online this is the pink menu we decided upon
- pinwheel sandwiches of ham and cheese
- shrimp cocktail
- salmon mousse on cucumber slices (the same recipe used at my mom's birthday party)
- penne alla vodka (My mom used this recipe as a guide)
- pink grapefruit salad (I found this idea online for pink themed food, but there was no recipe. When I went to search online all I could find were nasty looking pink salads with whipped topping and cherry pie mix. Yuck! So I just threw together the ingredients that were listed-canned pink grapefruit, pineapple chunks, shredded cocoanut, & cherries- into a salad bowl. Simple and refreshing.)
- pink lemonade, coffee, tea
- chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting and white chocolate Hugs which look like zebra stripes
- mini strawberry marbled cheesecakes (I used this recipe as a guide but substituted chocolate wafer cookies for the crust.)
- assorted pink candies
I was going to buy some pink zebra plates and napkins on line, but I found a cute set at Lipman's that incorporated everything I wanted, plus the line had baby shower bingo cards that fit into the theme. I love it when I can support a local business and save myself shipping costs!
I did do one crafty-ish thing. Stealing from an idea I saw online, I wrapped two tin cans with pink zebra striped duct tape and used them as silverware holders.
My cousin's MIL made her this pretty pink baby blanket