Friday, January 11, 2013

Baby name ideas

You know how I'm always saying that I think the human gestation period is 9 months because that's how long it takes the dads to get on board with being serious about naming the baby? Well, it isn't any different the third time around.
All through the first pregnancy Mr. W wanted to name the baby Moses. He's back on a Moses kick this time too. Except this time he has decided it would be awesome to name him Moses Tecumseh W_, you know since Wm. Tecumseh Sherman was the first Buckeye to burn a couch to celebrate a victory. Confused
I just finished reading Gore Vidal's Lincoln last week which Mr. W had already read. We're getting all excited about watching the movie and were talking about all the people and we got on the topic of Salmon Portland Chase, who was the Sec. of the Treasury and went on the be a Supreme Court Justice. We thought that was interesting since he was from Ohio, but it is such an Oregon centric name now. I was wondering if the name was pronounced like the fish (silent L) or more like Salman Rushdie. Mr. W looked it up on some website which said it was a variant of Solomon. So now he thinks that Salmon W_ would be perfect for this baby. I'm not sure if he's joking or not. As a joke I suggested Salmon Angus W_ and now he regrets that we aren't having twins because they could be Salmon and Angus and he could nick name them Surf n Turf. Lord, help me!
I often toss out girl names on our list when referring to the baby to see how they sound. Mr. W corrected me and said, "You mean little Salmon."  And then his eyes lit up and he said, "You mean Little Salmonella!" Sigh! So if he had his way this baby would be named for a fish or a bacteria. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment