Monday, May 13, 2019

Lilacs for Mother’s Day

Earlier this week my sister and I went to the Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens with our mom. My sister had been wanting to go and lilacs are my favorite flower. They have the best scent.


Our tradition for Mother’s Day is to have a picnic in a public park and we alternate garden years with view years. This year I was hoping to return to Duniway Lilac Gardens because the weather was going to be so nice. The last time we were there years ago it rained and while we tried to salvage it by sitting on a bench tucked under some evergreen trees, Mr. W was not pleased at my choice to proceed with the picnic. This year we had fantastic weather.




The day started with breakfast in bed in which Mr. W had exquisite attention to details (balled melons!)
And I received a card which included a sash which plays Tina Turner’s Simply The Best and various cards and drawings.
Every year I have hoped to receive a corsage that I can wear to Mass and then wear for the rest of the day. I have never received a Mother’s Day corsage. This year I finally got one. I love it; it even has chrysanthemums which are our shared birth month flower, I don’t think that was on purpose, but I am going to pretend that it was. 
Then we came home and saw the Blazers win game 7 and advance to theWestern Conference finals and the Fs came over for dinner and we ordered take out. It was a very good day and Mr. W is so generous and thoughtful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment