Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter Monday- He Is Risen

It is Eastertide, Alleluia! I spent Lent in my secluded little dark hole. No social media. An earnest plan to work on long forgotten, but half finished projects, like my son’s baby quilt. My eleven year old son. Oops! That got put off for a very long time. I was inspired to reorganize all my collected Feast Day recipes. I know the trend is for everything to be digital now; it is paperless after all which is good for the environment. But I am old; I need something tangible, so I grabbed an old binder, bought a bunch of sheet protectors and dividers from Freddy’s and assembled the recipes into book form for easy reference. I thought about my long neglected blog, but decided that counts as social media. I worked in my garden. I gave up starch (the hardest thing yet so far) hence my decision to make pizza for dinner tonight. And while I waited for it to bake I decided that maybe today would be a good time to resurrect my blog. Yikes, I haven’t been here for four years! It took two attempts to remember my password.

The children are at a new school since I last posted and like a proper Catholic school they have Easter Monday off so we were able to have our traditional Easter egg hunt in the garden in the morning when it was sunny and nice. This was our only egg hunt this year so they really enjoyed it. I had them wear the left over bunny headband from T-Bone’s bunny themed 11th birthday party. So cute! I imagine my time is growing short on being able to do things like this.










No comments:

Post a Comment