Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving


Mr. W and I have hosted Thanksgiving so many times now that we run like a well oiled machine.  Our menu doesn't change much:
  • Cranberry daiquiris
  • Appetizer of guest's choice
  • Butternut squash soup w/ cornbread
  • Barbequed turkey and gravy
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Corn
  • Brussel's sprouts
  • Gr Grandma's green beans
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Dinner rolls
  • Candied nuts
  • Stuffing of guest's choice
  • Brandy pumpkin pie
  • Pecan pie
  • Apple pie
  • Berry pie
In the interest of keeping people out of  the kitchen, I set up the cocktail station in the Drawing Room. My decorating theme this year was children's artwork, so hand turkeys and painted mini pumpkins abound.
 
We were having 15 for dinner, and rather than setting up an auxiliary table in the Parlor, we decided we could set up his and hers tables in the dining room so everyone could be together. This is Mr. W's table, two out of 3 little boys sat here.
 My table was longer and held all the older two generations. Wow, four generations in one room to celebrate the holiday. I have a lot for which to be thankful, in spite of all the loss.
 
 Nothing beats a boy in a bow tie.
 Mr. W, master griller.
 Continuing on a theme of meats without utensils...
This is as good of a photo as I'm going to get of a 6 yr old and nearly 3 yr old. I've got to learn to take these photos at the beginning of the party...before I give them desserts.


No comments:

Post a Comment