Monday, November 11, 2013

Closing a dooor

Volunteers of America is coming by today to pick up our donations and I put out all my maternity clothes. Even though I definitely don't want to go through fertility treatments, pregnancy, and cesarean sections again I'm feeling a little sad. It seems so final. And all those memories!  It took all my will power to not go out on the porch and bring the bags back inside.  And later in the afternoon when I realized they were gone I got a little sad again.


And just for fun, here's the tally of what I wore over the course of 3 pregnancies, (2 summer and 1 winter due dates):

(1) rain coat
(27) tops
(9) pants
(3) skirts
(6) dresses
(3) sweaters
(5) pajamas

Today is also Martinmas so it seems appropriate to be giving away clothes in honor of St. Martin who gave away his cloak to someone in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment