Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

I went a little crazy shopping in Arizona last month. We found a Mexican import shop in old town Scottsdale and I had to have a sombrero and serape for Our Little Helper, in green of course. He thought he needed some maracas so we got two for the boys. I had to bribe him with dessert to get him to try on the hat. I think it was worth it.I made enchiladas which are one of Mr. W's favorite dishes for dinner. I also had a craving for roasted red pepper and black bean dip. I found the recipe on the side of the Tostitos corn chips bag, not authentic at all, but yummy. I served it up in individual ramekins for each of us because I was trying to avoid a mess on the tablecloth. The red and yellow ruffly tulips are from our garden.I set the table with a Wilender Mexicana tablecloth I found on ebay. The Mexicana trivet is part of a set of three which I found locally at an antique store.

No comments:

Post a Comment