Friday, August 6, 2010

It's an Oregonian!

That was our joke the first time we were pregnant when people would ask if we knew what we were having. That was our plan for this pregnancy as well. The night before our big ultrasound we went for a "stroller ride" with the littlest W and he directed us to the ice cream shop. On our wlk we were discussing potential baby names but we were both still firm in our desire to have this pregnancy be a surprise.
So you can imagine my surprise as I drove us to our apointment that Mr. W blurted out "I want to find out what it is!" I was on that windy road at the top of Mt. Tabor and was like "Wha ?" I was so shocked that I didn't really take him seriously. Once at the ultra sound and the technician asked if we wanted to know the sex or not I caved in. They request that you drink 32 oz of water prior to the exam and I was SO uncomfortable because my bladder was so full and I was tired of being poked and prodded. So I think I agreed just so that it would be over and I could go empty my bladder.
So this Advent we will be welcoming a baby brother for our son! In the end it will be helpful for us to be able to explain that it is a baby brother growing inside me. So many of his little friends have baby brothers so he has some idea what that means. It also means that we don't have to buy anything for this baby! Some new washcloths and a new changing pad cover. I can't think of anything else... I still have a drawer full of never used blankets and multiple tubes of diaper cream. We are totally set!

No comments:

Post a Comment