Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Visit from St. Nicholas... and snow!

It is a little challenging doing St. Nicholas Day in the morning now that we have school age children. But I think it is worth it to keep this celebration separate from Christmas Day. Everyone heads down stairs bright and early to see what St. Nicholas has left in their stocking. 
Peeking through the portiere.
Baby Boy was mystified by what had happened to the cookies they left out.
"What happened?!?"
"It's a mystery...!" I was nearly cried from trying to stifle my giggles.
Meanwhile, Little Miss was content to play with her spinning toy.
Daddy got his traditional bottle of Samiclaus beer, which is only brewed once a year of St. Nicholas Day.
And the children got some movies in their stockings. Our Little Helper helped Little Miss with the contents of her stocking.
And as a special St. Nicholas Day miracle, it snowed!!!The boys were so excited to watch the snowflakes falling. It wasn't enough to have school canceled though.
Little Miss just loves to watch her big brothers.
getting all three of them to look at the camera at the same time to pose for a picture is an exercise in futility.
I also got my St. Nicholas needle point project back from the finisher in time to display with my collection. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment