Sunday, December 2, 2012

St. Andrew's Day

We were a day late in our celebration. My morning sickness/ all day feeling yuckiness led me to be quite unmotivated to making a Shepard's pie and I allowed My Little Helper to talk me into pizza. On Saturday I was able to enlist Mr. W in the preparations of dinner. We used this recipe as a guide, but also used the left over gravy from Thanksgiving too. Mr. W also decided that the pies should be garnished with shredded cheddar cheese too. Yum!
 
Since St. Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland I used a few Scottish themed things for our table. This was challenging though because I haven't unpacked most of our dishes since there is no where to put them. I also used a square of the Gunn tartan fabric for the centerpiece.  I have also been collecting a few tartanware items like this napkin ring.

We talked about how St. Andrew was a brother of St. Peter and one of Jesus's disciples. That was about as much education I could provide for the attention span of a five year old.
I had some shortbread cookies on hand for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment